Subject: 2nd CS&E Student Paper Prize @ SIAM CS&E Conference 2009
From: Ulrich Rüde <[email-masked]>
To: Ulrich Rüde<[email-masked]>, Hans-Joachim Bungartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:07:04 +0100

Dear colleagues,

let us direct your attention to the

    2nd BGCE Student Paper Prize

to be awarded at the 2009 SIAM CS&E Conference, March 2-6, in Miami, Florida
for outstanding student work in the field of Computational Science and
Engineering.

Founder of the prize is the Bavarian Graduate School of Computational
Engineering (BGCE, http://www.bgce.de/), a consortium offering an honors
track to the best students of three international Master's programs in
Computational Engineering at Technische Universitaet Muenchen (TUM) and
Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg (FAU). The prize winner will be invited to
spend one week (air fare and lodging expenses covered) in Bavaria, visiting
FAU and TUM and getting in contact with BGCE's educational and research
program, one of the most advanced ones in Europe. The main objective is to
promote excellent students in CS&E and to foster international exchange at
an  early career stage.

Eligible for the prize will be undergraduate and graduate students
prior to receiving their PhD (at date of submission).
Candidates are required to summarize their work in a short paper
of at most 4 pages. The prize finalists will be asked to present their work
at SIAM CSE 2009 with a talk to be given in a special "CSE Student Prize
Minisymposium". The papers and talks will be evaluated by an international
prize committee. Excluded from the competition are only students from our
own universities, FAU and TUM. SIAM has a fund available to help with
students¹ costs in attending meetings. Details are at SIAM¹s web site:
http://www.siam.org/prizes/sponsored/travel.php

Deadline for submissions is December 14, 2008. Submissions should be
sent in pdf format by e-mail to
    [email-masked]
or
    [email-masked]

Since we are interested in a broad and high-level competition, we
ask you to encourage suitable candidates in your group or
department to submit a paper and to support their participation in
SIAM CSE 2009.

Additional links:
    SIAM CS&E 2009:
    http://www.siam.org/meetings/cse09/

    SIAM News Article on BGCE Prize 2007:
    http://www.siam.org/news/news.php?id=1130

Your support is appreciated!

With our best regards,

Ulrich Ruede
Hans-Joachim Bungartz
__________________________________________________________________________
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Ruede, Lehrstuhl fuer Simulation
Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg, Cauerstr. 6
D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: +49 9131 85 28924, Fax: +49 9131 85 28928
URL: http://www10.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~ruede
Editor-in-Chief, SISC, www.siam.org/journals/sisc.php