Subject: Edinburgh ICMS workshop: Adaptivity, robustness and complexity of multiscale algorithms
From: Assyr Abdulle <[email-masked]>
To: Assyr Abdulle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:47:17 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

The workshop

Adaptivity, robustness and complexity of multiscale algorithms

will take place at the International Center for Mathematical Sciences  
(ICMS)
in Edinburgh UK, 30 March -- 3 April 2009.

The goal of this workshop is to address the issues of robustness,
adaptivity and complexity in multiscale/multi-physics modeling and  
simulation (stochastic modeling,
homogenization, (nonlinear) multiscale dynamics, adaptive and goal  
oriented simulation).
By bringing researchers from these various fields of research, we  
hope to identify some common issues,
exchange research ideas and identify new challenges.

The workshop will take place at  the headquarters of ICMS, in  
Edinburgh, at the place where James Clerk Maxwell was born.
It will have an informal atmosphere and time will be reserved for  
discussions and collaborations.
Local expenses (accomodation and workshop banquet) will be covered.

Please let us know, hopefully within a few weeks, if you will be able
to attend the workshop.

Best regards,

Organizers:
Assyr Abdulle (Edinburgh), Bjorn Engquist (Texas at Austin), Andrew  
Stuart (Warwick).

---
Assyr Abdulle                                           e-mail:  
[email-masked]
School of Mathematics                           phone : +44 (0)131  
651 7031
University of Edinburgh                         fax   : +44 (0)131  
650 6553
JCMB, King's Buildings
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, UK