Subject: Upcoming Courses: Parallel Programming / CFD / PGAS / GPU / ...
From: Rolf Rabenseifner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:04:13 +0100 (CET)

Dear Sir, dear Madam / Sehr geehrte Dame, sehr geehrter Herr,

Please, can you pass this course announcement also to 
interested colleagues.  / Es waere schoen, wenn Sie diese Ankuendigung 
auch an interessierte Kollegen weitergeben koennten.

Topics are
 - Parallel programming: MPI, OpenMP / PGAS: UPC, CAF, GASPI 
 - GPU Programming: CUDA, OpenACC
 - CFD
 - Iterative Solvers and Parallelization
 - Efficient parallel I/O
 - Visualization
 - Software Tuning: VI-HPS Tuning Workshop,  Cray XC40 Course
      Node-level Performance Engineering, User-guided optimization
 - Advanced Fortran
 - Industrial Services

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Rabenseifner and Gabi Kallenberger

Upcoming Courses at HLRS or co-organized by HLRS (Feb-April): 

Feb. 23-27: VI-HPS Tuning Workshop (in Stuttgart)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VI-HPS (**)
__________
Feb. 23-27: Introduction to Computational Fluid Dynamics (in Siegen) [in German]
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CFD-SIEGEN (*)
__________
Feb. 25:    Industrial Services of the National HPC Centre Stuttgart (in Stuttgart)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/IS1 (*)
__________
Mar. 02-04: Cray XC40 Porting and Optimization (in Stuttgart)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/XC40-1 (please book Mon-Wed) (*)
__________
Mar. 05     Efficient Parallel I/O (in Stuttgart)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/XC40-1 (please book Thursday) (*)
__________
Mar. 09-13: Fortran for Scientific Computing (in Stuttgart)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/FTN1 (*)
__________
Mar. 16-20: Iterative Linear Solvers and Parallelization (in Stuttgart) [in German]
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/ITER-S (*)
__________
Apr. 16-17: OpenACC Programming for Accelerated Supercomputers
            (includes new OpenACC 2.0)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/XK
__________
Apr. 20-22: GPU Programming using CUDA
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CUDA1
__________
Apr. 23-24: Introduction to Unified Parallel C (UPC) and
            Co-array Fortran (CAF) 
            (Partitioned Global Address Space (PGAS) Languages)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/UPC1
__________
Apr. 27:    Efficient Parallel Programming with GASPI
            (A PGAS library with latency optimization)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/GASPI
__________
Apr. 28-29: Scientific Visualization
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS1

(*)  Extended registration deadline approaches soon
(**) Late registration is still open through HLRS-registration

Upcoming in May-July:

__________
Mai 05-06:  NEC SX-ACE - Vectorization and Optimization Course
            URL not yet available
__________
June 29-30: Cluster Workshop [in German]
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CLUSTER
__________
July 06-07: Nodel-Level Performance Engineering
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/NLP
__________
July 08:    User-Guided Optimization in High-Level Languages
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/UGO

__________
Information on further courses:
  - by HLRS: 
  http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list
  - by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS):
  http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
  - by the PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs)
  http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate if you could forward this email to interested
colleagues.  If you receive double postings or you want to stop
these postings, then please reply the email-address(es) that
should be unsubscribed, and include "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner .. . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
Gabi Kallenberger .. . . . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
University of Stuttgart .. . . . . . . . . fax : ++49(0)711/685-65832
Head of Dpmt Parallel Computing .. .. www.hlrs.de/people/rabenseifner
Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Office: Room 1.307)
---------------------------------------------------------------------