Subject: GASPI - Efficient Parallel Programming with GASPI, course, April 27, 2015
From: Rolf Rabenseifner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:07:05 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sir, dear Madam / Sehr geehrte Dame, sehr geehrter Herr,

Strong scaling in HPC is a real problem. 

GASPI address fundamental issues in strong scaling via dataflow
driven remote completion. To that end GASPI leverages
communication with one-sided bundled notifications,
which allow remote completion per data context.

Please, can you pass this GASPI course announcement also to interested 
colleagues.  / Es waere schoen, wenn Sie diese Ankuendigung 
auch an interessierte Kollegen weitergeben koennten.

http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/GASPI

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Rabenseifner and Jutta Oexle

--------------------------------------------------------------
Efficient Parallel Programming with GASPI, course, 27-Apr-2015  
--------------------------------------------------------------
Lecturers:
Dr. Christian Simmendinger, T-Systems Solutions for Research GmbH
Dr. Mirko Rahn, Fraunhofer ITWM
Dr. Daniel Gruenewald, Fraunhofer ITWM

Monday, April 27, 2015, 10:45 - 16:00

Medienlabor, R 1.067, HLRS, Nobelstr. 19, 70569 Stuttgart

Registration until April 12, 2015, and all futher details at

       http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/GASPI

Abstract
In this tutorial we present an asynchronous dataflow programming 
model for Partitioned Global Address Spaces (PGAS) as an 
alternative to the programming model of MPI.
GASPI, which stands for Global Address Space Programming Interface, 
is a partitioned global address space (PGAS) API. The GASPI API 
is designed as a C/C++/Fortran library and focused on three key 
objectives: scalability, flexibility and fault tolerance. 
In order to achieve its much improved scaling behaviour GASPI 
aims at asynchronous dataflow with remote completion, rather than 
bulk-synchronous message exchanges. GASPI follows a single/multiple 
program multiple data (SPMD/MPMD) approach and offers a small, yet 
powerful API (see also http://www.gaspi.de and http://www.gpi-site.com).
GASPI is successfully used in academic and industrial simulation 
applications.
Hands-on sessions (in C and Fortran) will allow users to 
immediately test and understand the basic constructs of GASPI.

The course language is English (if required). 
All slides and handouts are in English.

Local organizer is
Dr. Jutta Oexle, [email-masked], phone +49 (0)711 685 87207. 

Further courses can be found at

  http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate if you could forward this email to interested
colleagues.  If you receive double postings or you want to stop
these postings, then please reply the email-address(es) that
should be unsubscribed, and include "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner .. . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
Dr. Jutta Oexle .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. [email-masked]
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
University of Stuttgart .. . . . . . . . . and : ++49(0)711/685-87207
Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------