Subject: Visualization Course at HLRS, April 28-29, 2015
From: Rolf Rabenseifner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 13:11:44 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sir, dear Madam / Sehr geehrte Dame, sehr geehrter Herr,

We offer a two day course on "Scientific Visualization" 
which is targeted at researchers with basic knowledge in numerical 
simulation, who would like to learn how to visualize their simulation 
results on the desktop but also in Augmented Reality and Virtual 
Environments.  /  Auch in diesem Jahr bieten wir einen Kurs im 
Bereich "Scientific Visualization" an, der sich an Wissenschaftler mit 
Basiswissen im Bereich der numerischen Simulation wendet, die mehr 
ueber die Moeglichkeiten der Visualisierung von Simulationsergebnissen
am Arbeitsplatz sowie mit Hilfe erweiterter Realitaet und virtueller 
Realitaet erfahren moechten.

Please, can you pass this course announcement also to interested 
colleagues.  / Es waere schoen, wenn Sie diese Ankuendigung 
auch an interessierte Kollegen weitergeben koennten.

http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS1

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Rabenseifner and Gabi Kallenberger

======================================================================
                      Call for Participation
======================================================================

          "SCIENTIFIC VISUALIZATION"

Date: 2015, Tuesday, Apr. 28, 9:00 - Wednesday, Apr. 29, 15:30 

Location: Room 1.067/Medienlabor, HLRS (Hoechstleistungsrechenzentrum 
Stuttgart), University of Stuttgart, Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart 

Content: 

On the first day, we will start with a short overview of scientific visualization, 
following a hands-on introduction to 3D desktop visualization with COVISE. 
On the second day, we will discuss how to build interactive 3D Models for
Virtual Environments and how to set up an Augmented Reality visualization.

Registration and further information:

  http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS1

  Deadline for registration: Apr. 12, 2015

Lectures will be given by
Dr. Uwe Woessner from HLRS 

The course language is English (if required). 
All slides and handouts are in English.

Further courses can be found at
  http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list 

Best regards
Rolf Rabenseifner 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Courses at HLRS or co-organized by HLRS (April-July): 
__________
Apr. 13-15: Tools for Parallel Programming with OmpSs
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/TOOLS (*)
__________
Apr. 16-17: OpenACC Programming for Accelerated Supercomputers
            (includes new OpenACC 2.0)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/XK (*)
__________
Apr. 20-22: GPU Programming using CUDA
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CUDA1 (*)
__________
Apr. 23-24: Introduction to Unified Parallel C (UPC) and
            Co-array Fortran (CAF) 
            (Partitioned Global Address Space (PGAS) Languages)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/UPC1 (*)
__________
Apr. 27:    Efficient Parallel Programming with GASPI
            (A PGAS library with latency optimization)
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/GASPI (*)
__________
Apr. 28-29: Scientific Visualization
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS1 (*)
__________
May 05-06:  NEC SX-ACE - Vectorization and Optimization Course
            URL not yet available
__________
June 29-30: Cluster Workshop [in German]
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CLUSTER
__________
July 06-07: Nodel-Level Performance Engineering
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/NLP
__________
July 08:    User-Guided Optimization in High-Level Languages
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/UGO

(*)  Registration deadline approaches soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate if you could forward this email to interested
colleagues.  If you receive double postings or you want to stop
my postings, then please reply the email-address(es) that should
be unsubscribed, and include "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner .. . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
Gabi Kallenberger .. . . . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
University of Stuttgart .. . . . . . . . . and : ++49(0)711/685-65828
Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Course: Room 1.067)
---------------------------------------------------------------------