Subject: OpenFOAM(R) course at HLRS, Mar 7-11, 2016
From: Rolf Rabenseifner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 15:57:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear Madam or Sir / Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren!

Could you pass this announcement for a CFD course with OpenFOAM�� 
to interested colleagues. / Es waere schoen, wenn Sie diese
Ankuendigung an interessierte Kollegen weiterleiten koennten.

http://www.hlrs.de/training/2016/OF1

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
   Andreas Ruopp, Jing Zhang and Rolf Rabenseifner (HLRS),
   Elisabeth Beer (Ostbayerische TH Regenburg),
   Daniel Harlacher (ZIMT, Uni. Siegen)

======================================================================
                      Call for Participation
======================================================================
                     CFD with OpenFOAM��
      ---------------------------------------------
                  Monday-Friday, Mar. 07-11, 2016
                            HLRS
                  University of Stuttgart
                          Germany

Abstract:
OpenFOAM�� is a widely-used open-source code and a powerful framework
for solving a variety of problems mainly in the field of CFD. 
The five-day workshop gives an introduction to OpenFOAM�� applied 
on CFD phenomena and is intended for beginners as well as for
people with CFD background knowledge.
The user will learn about case setup, meshing tools like snappyHexMesh
and cfMesh. Available OpenFOAM�� utilities and additional libraries
like swak4Foam, that can be used for pre- and postprocessing tasks,
are further aspects of this course. Additionally, basic solvers and
major aspects of code structure are highlighted.
Lectures and hands-on session with typical CFD examples will guide
through this course including first steps in own coding.

Date & Location: 
Mar. 07-11, 2016 (Course 2016-OF1)
HLRS, seminar room, Allmandring 30, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany.

Registration and further information:
http://www.hlrs.de/training/2016/OF1

Deadline for registration:
Feb. 14, 2016

Registration fee:
- Students without Diploma/Master: 40 EUR
- Students with Diploma/Master (PhD students) at German universities: 90 EUR
- Members of German universities and public research institutes: 90 EUR
- Members of universities and public research institutes within Europe or PRACE: 180 EUR
- Members of other universities and public research institutes: 360 EUR
- Others: 960 EUR
(includes food and drink at coffee breaks)

Lecturers:
  Andreas Ruopp and Jing Zhang (HLRS),
  Elisabeth Beer (Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regenburg),
  Daniel Harlacher (ZIMT, Uni. Siegen)

The course language is German. The slides are in English.
We will provide local systems with test accounts for the participants.
__________

Further courses:
http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We would appreciate if you could forward this email to interested
colleagues.  If you receive double postings or you want to stop
my postings, then please reply the email-address(es) that should
be unsubscribed, and include "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner .. . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Ruopp . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . [email-masked]
Dr.-Ing. Joerg Hertzer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. [email-masked]
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
University of Stuttgart .. . . . . . . . . . . . ++49(0)711/685-87259
Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . ++49(0)711/685-65932
---------------------------------------------------------------------