Subject: Visualization Course at HLRS, Nov. 5-6, 2015
From: Rolf Rabenseifner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 05:56:17 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Sir, dear Madam / Sehr geehrte Dame, sehr geehrter Herr,

We offer a two day course on "Scientific Visualization" 
which is targeted at researchers with basic knowledge in numerical 
simulation, who would like to learn how to visualize their simulation 
results on the desktop but also in Augmented Reality and Virtual 
Environments.  /  Auch in diesem Jahr bieten wir einen Kurs im 
Bereich "Scientific Visualization" an, der sich an Wissenschaftler mit 
Basiswissen im Bereich der numerischen Simulation wendet, die mehr 
ueber die Moeglichkeiten der Visualisierung von Simulationsergebnissen
am Arbeitsplatz sowie mit Hilfe erweiterter Realitaet und virtueller 
Realitaet erfahren moechten.

Please, can you pass this course announcement also to interested 
colleagues.  / Es waere schoen, wenn Sie diese Ankuendigung 
auch an interessierte Kollegen weitergeben koennten.

http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS2

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Rabenseifner and Joerg Hertzer

======================================================================
                      Call for Participation
======================================================================

          "SCIENTIFIC VISUALIZATION"

Date: 2015, Thursday Nov. 5, 9:00 - Friday, Nov. 6, 15:30 

Location: Room 1.067/Medienlabor, HLRS (Hoechstleistungsrechenzentrum 
Stuttgart), University of Stuttgart, Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart 

Content: 

On the first day, we will start with a short overview of scientific visualization, 
following a hands-on introduction to 3D desktop visualization with COVISE. 
On the second day, we will discuss how to build interactive 3D Models for
Virtual Environments and how to set up an Augmented Reality visualization.

Registration and further information:

  http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS2

  Deadline for registration: Oct. 11, 2015

Lectures will be given by
Dr. Uwe Woessner from HLRS 

The course language is English (if required). 
All slides and handouts are in English.

Further courses can be found at
  http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list 

Best regards
Rolf Rabenseifner 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Courses at HLRS or co-organized by HLRS (Oct-Dec): 
__________
Oct 20:     Cray XC40/HAZELHEN at HLRS
Oct 21:     Efficient Parallel I/O
Oct 22-23:  Optimization on Cray XC40
(Stuttgart) Series of 3 Courses
            http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/XC40-2 (*)
__________
Oct 26-28:  GPU Programming using CUDA
(Stuttgart) http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/CUDA2 (*)
__________
Nov 05-06:  Scientific Visualization
(Stuttgart) http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/VIS2 (*)
__________
Nov30 - Dec 1: Advanced Parallel Programming with MPI and OpenMP
(Juelich)   http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/JSC
__________
Dec 07-11:  Fortran for Scientific Computing
(Stuttgart) http://www.hlrs.de/training/2015/FTN2
__________
Dec 10-11:  Node-Level Performance Engineering
(Garching)  http://www.lrz.de/services/compute/courses/2015-12-10_hnpf1w15/
__________

Further courses, you can find at
  - by HLRS:
      http://www.hlrs.de/training/course-list
  - by the Gauss Centre of Supercomputing (GCS):
      http://www.gauss-centre.eu/training
  - by the PRACE Advanced Training Centres (PATCs)
      http://www.training.prace-ri.eu/

(*)  Registration deadline approaches soon

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I would appreciate if you could forward this email to interested
colleagues.  If you receive double postings or you want to stop
my postings, then please reply the email-address(es) that should
be unsubscribed, and include "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner .. . . . . . . . . . email [email-masked]
Dr.-Ing. Joerg Hertzer . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. [email-masked]
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
University of Stuttgart .. . . . . . . . . and : ++49(0)711/685-65932
Nobelstr. 19, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------